|Teledyne Scientific & Imaging, Camarillo, CA, United States|
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop optical coating designs to customer or internal requirements. Familiarity with advanced design techniques including rugate filters.
- Responsible for driving the development of coated optical components that meet customer requirements including spectral performance, transmitted and reflected wavefront requirements, mechanical, environmental, and laser testing.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining processes in the areas of optical testing including spectrophotometry, environmental testing, laser densitometry, and mechanical testing.
- Work with optical thin film process engineers to develop and demonstrate manufacturable coating designs.
- Provide technical support to program managers in development of proposals and progress reports. Interact with customers as needed.
- Develop and optimize optical thin film deposition processes to meet requirements. This includes but is not limited: identifying evaporation or sputtering conditions, calibrating thickness controllers (quartz crystals for example), developing/identifying appropriate optical monitoring strategies, familiarity with most optical coating materials and their domain of application, identifying and/or executing maintenance schedules for reliable equipment operation, training technicians, developing new optical coatings, implementing process control methodologies, technique, or equipment, tracking process performance using SPC and correcting escapes.
- Position is responsible for process availability (minimum down time), process performance, and promoting and implementing sound data-based process improvements.
- Lead the investigation and resolution of thin film optics production issues.
- Assume a leadership role in the implementation and execution of process control functions such as SPC and FMEA.
- Manage the development and maintenance of manufacturing documentation.
- Provide technical support and training to product line technicians.
- Process documentation and technical reports as appropriate.
- Proficiency in the following areas is required: optical thin film deposition, optical thin film design, optical monitoring, high vacuum technology, optical measurements, process controls and monitoring.
- Hands on experience in manufacturing operations and an understanding of manufacturing documentation and quality practices is required.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment and to interact with process engineers, process line technicians and design engineers is essential.
- Experience in SPC and six sigma techniques is highly desirable.
- Computer proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Ability to work weekends and evenings when needed for workload.
- Already possess or have ability to obtain a Secret or Top-Secret Clearance required.
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work, in the lab, or in a production environment.
- Consistently displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices.
Physical and Mental Activities and Requirements
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Education/ Certification/ Licenses/Registrations
- BS degree in Engineering or Science.
- M.S. Degree in Physics, Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.