|Teledyne Scientific & Imaging, Camarillo, CA, United States|
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Responsible for program leadership resulting in successful task execution in accordance with the schedule, contract, budget, Statement of Work and technical specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops program plans (resource loaded schedules and budgets) and tracks using earned value metrics
- Collaborates with Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Supplier Management and Contracts in the execution of programs
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, as well as interface with and lead Program Team members from various organizations
- Provides exceptional customer service and support to Teledyne Imaging Sensors customers by ensuring customer performance and contractual commitments are met and program assets are effectively managed
- Interacts with internal technical internal personnel and external customers in all matters including contracts, finance, accounting and procurement
- Responsible for meeting financial targets (revenue, profit) of assigned programs
- Reports program status on a regular basis and provides periodic updates to TIS management and external customers
- Presents customer briefings of progress, issues and solution approaches; interacts with key technical personnel to coordinate and give direction to briefings
- Provides time-phased need for employee and equipment resources to Teledyne
- Manages program subcontract, consultant and material performance
Marketing, Business Development and Business Capture:
- Participates with Business Development staff and Teledyne Imaging Sensors management to establish strategic plans and annual operational objectives
- Supports the capture of programs and new technology development business
- Leads the preparation and composition of program proposals to obtain future business
- Participates in the negotiation of contracts
- Ensures that a culture of integrity and compliance is promoted within Teledyne and its customer community
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach and organizes means to achieve solutions to complex technical problems
- Understands the theoretical basis and principles applicable to technical problems, the empirical test procedures to be used and defines the estimated time, expenses and manpower for completion
- Identifies and assists in the development of patentable intellectual property
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Possess excellent communication/presentation skills and be able to work effectively with diverse personalities and various levels of management
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Performs work without appreciable management direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Knowledge of infrared focal plane array technology and semiconductor device physics and operation
- Operates effectively at high levels within customers’ and potential customers’ organizations, recognizing and following through on opportunities in new areas and/or with new customers
- Resource for creative approaches to solving wide range of customers’ budgetary and programmatic problems
- Understands TIS’s direction and translates it into proactive business strategies
- Ability to serve as a representative of TIS
- Advises higher levels of management and customers on advanced technical research studies, contracts, or projects and applications
- Recognizes the need for cross-boundary efforts and will coordinate when they do not exist
- Awareness of competing approaches and able to communicate TIS’s role and to differentiate it from the competition
- Clearly communicates very complex ideas, in writing and verbally; able to adjust communication to match the recipient
Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct, and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Advanced computer proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and MS Project Supervisory Responsibilities
Has overall control of planning, staffing budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing changes to methods
Directs and controls the activities of the members of the program team
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. preferred in Physics, Engineering or Science with ten (10) years of experience in high technology.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with managing multifaceted projects or programs involving unique and/or complex technology
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience or certification in EVMS preferred
- Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
- US Citizenship with active TS/SCI security clearance
- Ability to travel (domestically/internationally) approximately 10-20%.