Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
The systems engineer supports programs in the development and production of focal plane arrays by coordinating with other disciplines to ensure that all requirements are met. A mid-level Systems Engineer works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the review, documentation, allocation, and verification of requirements
- Development, maintain, and validate models and simulations
- Perform and document design trade studies
- Develop verification and test plans
- Support test activities and review test data
- Function as program technical lead
- Serve as technical point of contact for customers
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Ability to generate clear, well-written documents
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data
- Ability to clearly present technical information to an audience
- Familiarity with imaging systems, semiconductors, high-speed PCB design, or cryogenic testing
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain/maintain government security clearance.
- Active Government Security Clearance
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, or similar
- At least 10 years of experience in imaging, aerospace, semiconductor, or similar industry
- Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.