|Teledyne Scientific & Imaging, Camarillo, CA, United States|
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Leads a systems engineering team to develop and produce state-of-the-art capability for visible and infrared imaging products for commercial, space and defense markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that all product developments follow a disciplined engineering process
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors
- Responsible for hiring, employee motivation, development, mentoring, counseling, discipline and performance reviews
- Plans SE activities on projects and monitors projects to ensure completion on schedule and within budget
- Ensures staff in systems engineering group has the proper training to perform their job duties
- Leads a systems engineering group in a matrix organization, supporting multiple market segments by assigning staff to support individual programs and monitoring technical and project performance
- Ensures cross disciplinary technologies are integrated to yield elegant products and minimize waste efforts
- Work with program management to continuously improve engineering processes within Teledyne Imaging Sensors
- Establishes long and short-term objectives as they relate to individual employee achievements
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of semiconductors, high-speed PCB design, imaging sensors, or cryogenics
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated experience managing people, budgets and schedules on a development program.
- US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance.
- Candidates with active clearances are preferred
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics – Does the right thing; Treats people with respect;
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or comparable discipline with fifteen (15) years of hands-on experience in systems engineering
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.