Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Leads an Engineering team to develop and produce state-of-the-art test capability for visible and infrared imaging products for commercial, space and defense markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the engineering test group and ensures that all test developments follow a disciplined engineering process
- Leads and controls the test of new and recurring products
- Leads the allocation of test engineering resources to programs
- Provides test forecasts and identifies test lab needs for future projects
- Responsible for providing test input to technical and cost volumes for engineering proposals
- Works closely with other engineering groups in development of test plans, test readiness and manufacturing reviews
- Responsible for development of test procedures and work instructions as required by programs
- Responsible for the upkeep of all test engineering laboratory resources, including but not limited to calibration and upgrades
- Collaborates with Program Managers and Operations to ensure smooth execution of product test developments
- Identifies opportunities in the test group to improve test capabilities and procedures to achieve increased efficiency
- Bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as drives results and follows established processes
- Establishes long and short-term objectives as they relate to individual employee achievements
- Frequently works with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for tracking and reporting of data
This job provides general supervision to a functional area which may include supervision of lower level supervisors and direct supervision of other exempt and non-exempt personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include providing leadership to employees, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Knowledge of radio metrics, cryogenics, electronics, software and statistics
- Ability to write detailed test procedures and work instructions that meets test plan objectives
- Ability to write test hardware requirements documentation
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
- Broad expertise or unique knowledge in area and uses skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles
- Ability to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Extensive leadership skills with the ability to communicate efficiently
- Ability to handle multiple challenging, unstructured areas of responsibility
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 15-20 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with handling of space qualified hardware is desired
- Ability to obtain security clearance is desired
- Experience with AS9100 quality standards
- Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.