As a key contributor to the engineering organization, you will create new solutions to technically challenging image processing applications. You will understand the requirements and specify the solutions, develop the applications and integrate the solutions into our software. Educate the engineering team on the use of your solutions and increase the capability of the entire group. The creative solutions the team implements will be pushed out to factories around the world and directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop novel machine vision algorithms for object detection and related areas while leading and hands-on at the same time
- Develop and/or modify tools for visual data analysis and verification
- Strong hands-on experience with C#/VB.Net/OpenCV/WPF/Workflows/XAML
- Strong computer vision fundamentals, especially around object detection and color measurement
- Identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk and project risk through coordination with cross-disciplinary team in R&D and external providers
- Participate in the planning and coordination of all prototype builds
- Mentor the team to ensure the methodical development of systems to commercialization while maintaining a focus on innovation
- Installation, configuration, and training of our solutions at the customer’s facilities
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years' experience in related field within an R&D organization
- Light and color measurement experience and strong mathematical skills
- Successful commercialization of complex systems for machine vision
- Experience in automated vision inspection system setup; including imaging and lighting techniques
- Expert level image processing experience including programming new image processing algorithms and tools
- Experience in managing complex projects with ambitious milestones under pressure, having accomplished milestones on time and on budget
- Advanced degree in relevant field is preferred, combined with related area or equivalent R&D experience with commercializing complex capital equipment
- Experience solving complex technical problems while working with a multidisciplinary team of experts
- Strong analytical skill set, as well as high creativity, flexibility, and ability to think "out of the box"
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally and domestic up to 35% of the time
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and displays rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Based in Redmond, WA, Radiant Vision Systems, LLC, has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of lights and displays. We approach each application with a wider range of solution options, a global base of experience, and a depth of understanding that enable us to keep raising the benchmarks for practical performance.