|Teledyne Scientific & Imaging, Montgomeryville, PA, United States|
Teledyne Judson Technologies (TJT) is a global leader in detectors from the Visible to VLWIR spectrum, offering an extensive range of single element infrared detectors. Two dimensional focal plane arrays (InGaAs, InSb, and HgCdTe) and Integrated Dewar Cooler Assemblies (IDCA) complement our detector portfolio. Military, space, and commercial markets employ our detectors, which are recognized for high performance. Located near Philadelphia, with easy access to the Northeast corridor, TJT offers a small company atmosphere, while enjoying the benefits of being part of a larger corporation.
An integration or system engineer who performs the System Engineering discipline in the design and packaging of visible and infrared Imaging Systems and Focal Plane Arrays, and designs, develops, and evaluates optoelectronics devices for use in infrared photonics devices and subsystems for Teledyne Judson Technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as the system engineer in the design, fabrication, assembly and delivery of imaging systems
- Support program reviews, such as PDR, CDR, TRR and MRR
- Act as a mechanical engineer and focal plane assembly engineer in the design and development of optoelectronics devices and systems
- Performs mechanical and assembly designs using SolidWorks Software
- Perform mil-standard visual inspections on semiconductor chips, optoelectronics devices and mechanical components and systems after training
- Perform tolerance stack calculations, technical documentation
- Experience with Bill of Material (BOM) generation
- Interacts with customers to meet specifications through meetings and Telecons
- Troubleshoot discrete array assemblies, focal plane arrays assemblies and integrated Detector-Dewar -assembly (IDCA) subsystems
- Prepares Deliverable End Item Data packages
- Follows through on vendor procurement to design requirements
- Self-motivated to drive tasks to completion
- Executes the design tasks on schedule and within cost and scope
- Demonstrates good judgment and critical thinking in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in opto-electronics system engineering, or integration engineering and opto-mechanical assembly design and development
- Solid technical background in opto-electronics, semiconductor devices, optical engineering and mechanical engineering, infrared imaging
- Fluent with SolidWorks
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability and nature to follow work directions
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in one or two of the following engineering disciplines: optoelectronics engineering, semiconductor physics and device engineering, electrical engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering Other Qualifications: ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies may only be shared with US Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement