Teledyne Judson Technologies (TJT) is a global leader in detectors from the Visible to VLWIR spectrum, offering an extensive range of single element infrared detectors. Two dimensional focal plane arrays (InGaAs, InSb, and HgCdTe) and Integrated Dewar Cooler Assemblies (IDCA) complement our detector portfolio. Military, space, and commercial markets employ our detectors, which are recognized for high performance. Located near Philadelphia, with easy access to the Northeast corridor, TJT offers a small company atmosphere, while enjoying the benefits of being part of a larger corporation.
The position requires excellent hands-on skills and extensive working experience in all areas of semiconductor wafer processing that involves various elemental and compound semiconductor materials used for infrared photodetector fabrication. The primary focus of the position is working toward improving the production yields and product quality of existing processes and process flows.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- As wafer fab engineer, monitors and improves existing processes and troubleshoots any process issues.
- Develop new processing techniques as necessary.
- Maintains documentation and process control procedures.
- Performs design of experiments, analyzes data and writes reports.
- Performs yield and failure analyses.
- Performs special wafer fab runs.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Hands-on experience with photolithography, various wet/dry etchings, various dielectric and metal thin film processes, diffusion, annealing, surface cleaning, etc.
- Hands-on experience with wafer fab-related equipment sets.
- Hands-on experience with 2D array fabrication and flip-chip bonding is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with wafer polishing and wafer dicing is a plus.
- Experience with photomask design is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of infrared detectors is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with ISO requirements and protocols.
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a moderate to high volume wafer processing facility.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year